Building Intelligence System (BIS) refers to an integrated building infrastructure that facilitates the exchange of information between various building automation modules and the utilities that they are connected to for a better controlled operation.
The establishment of Building Intelligence System (BIS) enables organizations to better manage, monitor and record the various functions and facilities within a workplace on a “smart” platform.
It is a modular system that incorporates lighting control, cold room and air conditioning control, inventory management system, tasks scheduling etc.
The advantages of Building Intelligence System include:
- Cut down utility energy consumption by switching off certain equipment during breaks or when equipment has reached its optimum.
- Allow equipment and facilities such as lighting and air-conditioning to be switched off at pre-determined timings.
- BIS can be connected remotely to authorized Android and IOS smart phones and able to access the system to and operate like the Human Machine Interface (HMI).
- All analog and digital points can be programme to be logged for records on a First In First Out (FIFO) basis. The capacity of which depends on the system memory and data can be exported to any PC via the internet.
- BIS will activate email and text messages to authorized personnel in the situations when power supply is compromised.